Monday, April 6, 2009

Whew! I got sooooo much accomplished yesterday, when it comes to the wedding, at least. All thanks to Adri! She has been the biggest help when it has come down to planning this wedding!

I purchased all of the dinnerware and random things I need for the dinner. I still have to get/make table linens though. That part is turning out to be a bitch. I need to do inexpensive, but I don't want it to look cheap. I'm doing all disposable dinnerware, which may look cheap, but will only be out for maybe an hour or two, so I don't care about that. But I'm having a problem finding affordable linens.

I also have to come up with a way to decorate the 7' arch that I bought. The hall had one I could borrow, and we need to decorate the ceremony area, but I haven't seen the arch they have and know it probably won't be our style. I want it to look simple and elegant and not cheesy like it is on the box. I'm not doing a lot of flowers for the decorations, except some fabric ones, as well as little cardinals. So I need a way to incorporate all of my elements together. I don't want the place to look like I couldn't make up my mind. Adri and I are going to do a run-through soon, once I have everything in order.

I also tried on some dresses to see what looked best at my current weight, just in case I can't drop as many lbs as I'd like. I think I'm going to have to take my pattern back and get a new one. No problem, I hope. I kept all of my receipts together and I haven't even opened the pattern yet. I am waiting on my fabric in the mail too. I ordered way more than I'll probably need, but if I have time, I'll make purses or something out of it for the girls.

I also need to start practicing on my hair and make a hairpiece/veil that will work with it. I've been searching the internet and have lots of ideas, but we'll see what happens. I think my wedding attire collage is not even going to apply at this point, except for my ring.

Oh, and I got my bouquet finished! I love it soooo much! I took some pictures, but I'm not sure if I should share just yet. It's made of fabric flowers, vintage buttons, some fake baby's breath, and a few skull beads. I now need to make the girls' bouquets and the boutonnieres.

The house/apartment hunting isn't going as well as we hoped. We were supposed to go look at a house for rent tomorrow, but the woman rented it over the weekend. Argh! We were really looking forward to seeing and possibly renting this place too. Hopefully we can find something soon, or we'll have to stick it out until after the wedding and I'm not sure I can take living in that place much longer. The ceiling leaks everywhere and all of our neighbors are noisy as hell. So noisy that we don't even want to spend time in the house when we aren't at work.

And of course on top of it all, I need to find another car. My check engine light came on the other day and I have no idea what's wrong, nor do I want to fix it at this point. I spend sooo much money on that car every month just to have something else break the next month. I want to torch it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment