Thursday, July 16, 2009

9 days to go...

I got 2 more things checked off the list last nigt. Check. Lisa informed me of a new delimma. We were planning on telling everyone we couldn't invite and the people at the reception that still wanted to party to met us at the Spitfire after the wedding. A band we like is playing. We just found out that it's got a $6 cover, which means for the Spit to charge, it's a big band and will probably sell out. So do I spent more $ and buy some tickets? I really feel like I've spent waaaaay too much already, but I want people to come have fun with us after the wedding. So we decided to buy a few, see if anyoe else can chip in to buy a couple and then just tell anyone we think will go to get tickets in advance. I much rather be able to make an announcement at the end of the reception to meet us at said bar, but it looks like it's going to be more complicated than that. I don't even know why I'm stressing about it. I guess I just want to make sure everyone can celebrate with us and have fun.

My bachelorette party is Saturday! Amanda and I will be going shopping and preparing the house tomorrow morning and Saturday. I'm really excited. I don't really have a game plan, so hopefully she does. All I know is that it will be nice to hang out with the girls. I still dont know how many people can come. We forgot to put rsvp info on the invites and I sent out a myspace invite, but i don't think it's working right. I know I spelled something wrong and tried to edit it like 300 times and it hasn't changed. All I know is that it seems that people are too lazy to rsvp these days. I sill don't even know how many people are coming to he wedding. I have about 100 people out of 150 that we invited, but that includes the wedding party. So I'm still planning on 150 and hoping we don't have a shit ton of food left over.

I still don't know if my DJ is 100% He hasn't contacted me at all. Luckily we have a back-up, but it's not really helping me stress about it less.

I had a dream about a sandwich last night that i really need to make now. It was grilled chicken, avacado, tomado, cilantro, a little mayo, on a crusty bun. Mmmmm.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad dreaming about sandwiches instead of having horrible wedding disaster dreams. Don't fret...everything will be great on your big day...which is only 9 days away!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, shit... I'm supposed to have a plan???!!!

    Just kidding.

    I don't really believe in trying to structure a party too much, but I have some thoughts. Board games are fun, especially when drinking. I have Taboo and I was thinking we could pick up Apples to Apples, which can both be hilarious when played as adults. If nobody wants to play oh well...we sit around and talk. No big.

    Oh!!! and I was thinking that if we get enough done Friday and early Saturday, we could do something to de-compress in the afternoon before the party. Harry Potter movie? Pedicures? Let me know. My treat.

    ReplyDelete